Crelate’s October 2017 Release
Our biggest release of the year is here and it’s ready to help your team manage leads and opportunities right alongside your existing candidate and talent pipelines!
Our new Recruiting CRM sales workflow is available for all Professional and higher customers. This feature replaces Job Statuses and gives you a fully flexible sales dashboard to manage your job pipeline. There’s so much good stuff in here! New visualizations and filters let you see what you want, how you want and they work on both the new Sales Dashboard and your current Job Dashboards! We also improved the Candidate Portal with new search and location filters.
Crelate just keeps getting better for everyone and Premium subscribers get even more! Premium offers placement tracking customization, new calculated fields to allow you to automatically track things like deal size, commission, and fees, and the ability to define and manage different types of opportunities for even better reporting.
Thank you so much for your continued support.
– The Crelate Team
NEW – Recruitment CRM Launch – Opportunity Management and Sales Workflows
|It’s finally here! Collaborate with your team, manage opportunities, and gain insight into your sales workflow right alongside your talent pipelines. Built on the same platform as our Job Dashboard, the new sales workflow is fully customizable and can be configured to let you see what you want, how you want. We’ve worked hard to make the new sales feature intuitive, seamless and flexible. To do this, we’ve combined industry standard concepts such as Leads with our more fluid concept of an Opportunity.
Lead – This is the top of any sales funnel and represents potential your sales team is pursuing. It might be nothing more than a name and contact info. Leads can be worked and nurtured until they are ready to become a full Opportunity that is ready for candidates.
Opportunity – Once a lead is qualified through your lead process, it transitions to a full Opportunity. The details of the opportunity should be known at this point. The type of opportunity is identified, a job, a project, a new retainer or a single placement? The type of opportunity should align with how your organization sells, packages or delivers its services. With the details known, potential value can also be calculated and recruiters can start working the talent pipeline.
Note: It is important to note that the term ‘Opportunity’ can be used to address different types of opportunities. For example, a job and a search are both opportunities.
Placement/Loss/Other – Once an opportunity makes its way through your process, it’s completed this can be positive like a Placement, negative like a Loss or some other type that you customize for your workflow.
Here are specifics of the new capabilities:
|To make room for the new Sales Dashboard and visualizations, the Crelate home page and existing job dashboards are getting a bunch of updates.
Upgrade Note: Existing job board views and filters will be preserved during the upgrade but users should take note that a few options have moved around.
|We are really excited about our new visualizations capabilities. Our customers say that Crelate is a ‘report that you can work in’ and the new visualization features expand on that value. It is important that recruiters be as efficient as possible and visuals can go a long way to help with this. Our new visualizers allow users to dynamically change the color or style of the tiles on any of our workflow dashboard based on the value or state of the underlying record! To start, we’ve included four visualizers and will add more in the future.|
NEW – Portal Search/Location Filters
|Crelate has added new portal features to provide a better experience for potential applicants and help you match more people to your jobs. Search will let candidates find jobs on your portal more easily along with our new location filter to categorize positions geographically.|
|Note: This feature is OFF by default for existing customers, please see the Upgrade Impact Guide for instructions on how to enable.|
And a few more goodies…
As always, this release has a wide array of other improvements based mostly on customer feedback and requests.
- NEW – Insert Image into Emails – Currently we allow copying and pasting images into emails, but we have a fairly small size limit to help keep the likelihood that the email will be marked as spam low. But what about when you really need to send a larger image? Fear not! We now allow you to insert images into an email body via a web url! This works for individual emails, bulk emails, and submittals.
- NEW – View Sales Board Privilege – Allows managers to configure whether users are allowed or not to view the Sales Board and create Leads. Professional users can configure this for all users and Premium customers can configure this on a role-by-role basis.
- NEWPREMIUM – Opportunity-Type Privileges – Each opportunity type (including custom ones) will have its own set of privileges.
- NEW – Last Engagement Date Field – New Field Added to Contacts and Jobs/Opportunities – This is like our “last activity date” field, but now the organization’s admin can customize which types of activities qualify as engagement. By default, this will be set whenever you receive an email from the candidate or customer. Administrators can configure custom Activities in Activity Settings – Users can configure which custom activities qualify as engagement for their organizations.
- NEW – Added Sub-Stages to Workflow – Ability to add one sub-stage to current workflow stages.
- NEW – Workflow Stage Rules Improvements – We’ve made the rule editor easier to use and updated it to support the new features of the Sales Workflow.
- IMPROVED – Activity/Stage Linking – We’ve enhanced the way activities and stages can be linked. Previously, if you configured a link between them, they were always bi-directional (For example: if you moved them to Placed it would create a Placement and vice versa), Now administrators can configure this to be only one directional.
- IMPROVED – Reminder Dialog Improvements – While it’s good to stay on top of appointments and tasks, we’ve recognized that the reminder dialog could be a little too prominent and break a user’s concentration and hinder productivity. We’ve taken steps to make the reminder a little softer, by making it appear in the bottom left corner and not steal focus. You can also minimize it if it is still in the way!
- IMPROVED – Responsive Navigation Bar – Screen size inflation in recent years have made pixels less of a commodity, but there are users in the other end of the spectrum that are sporting ultra portable laptops and need the most efficient use of their screens possible so we’ve made it so that shrinking the height of the browser will now shrink the navigation buttons so that the app remains usable at even the tiniest of screen resolutions!
- IMPROVED – Form Editor and Custom Fields – The user interface for Configuring Layouts has been improved, including the ability to create two new custom fields-including number and date field.
- IMPROVED – New UI for Company Statuses – The user interface used to edit company statuses has been re-designed. You can now see all statuses and sub-statuses in a single list instead of having separate lists.
- IMPROVED – Search/Find Company by Job Stage – We’ve added the ability to search and find all companies that have jobs and are in specific job stages (same filter in FIND as well). Unclear – needs clarification.
- IMPROVED – Search/Quotes to do Exact Searches – We have improved our Search functionalities to drill down and search exact matches to help save time.
- IMPROVED – Company Activity Roll-up – This is a very highly requested improvement! From your Company view, you can now see an aggregate activity stream across all jobs and opportunities for that company.
- ENGINEERING UPDATE – We’ve made a number of engineering and performance updates to our Search and Reporting servers.
- ENGINEERING UPDATE – We’ve improved our Resume Import Wizard to provide better feedback and faster performance during larger imports.
- ENGINEERING UPDATE – We’ve made a number of engineering improvements to our Bulk Mail features, allowing mails to be sent faster and making sent mail storage more efficient.