Bring Music Into Your Meetings and Workday Routine
Psychologists and workplace experts have noted, over the last couple of decades, the power of music and it’s positive effects on the workplace. Music has the ability to reduce anxiety, fight depression, and boost the immune system.
Furthermore, researchers note, “Music works on the autonomic nervous system, which is responsible for controlling blood pressure and heart rate, as well as the limbic system, which is responsible for feelings and emotions.”
The Power of Music
Why is music powerful?
- Makes repetitive tasks more enjoyable
- In a noisy workplace, music is an escape
- Ambient noise hits the creative sweet spot (a soft background noise is best)
- Familiar music is most effective
- Classical music have been shown to increase productivity
As you prepare for your Monday morning meetings think about implementing music (in the meetings and individually) to help create a calmer more focused work environment.